Chairman Courtney Fahey
Vice-Chairman Skip Peavey
Treasurer Lindsey Welsh
Secretary Joni Roeseler
Past Chairman Stan Woodworth
EC Member Tyler Bachman
EC Member Sarah Ferguson
Melissa Scher (Past Chairman)
It is my honor to serve as the chairman of the board for HTR. Our dedicated team of staff, board of directors, volunteers and donors continue to help this wonderful organization advance forward no matter what challenges lie ahead. I am grateful for the continued support and single-mindedness in providing for our amazing riders who participate in our program.
HTR depends on our generous donors as they are the source of revenue for our riders and the sessions they look forward to week after week. With that in mind we are pleased to announce that our 2023 Tux ‘n’ Boots event will be on held on Friday, April 21. We are so excited to be back in person with our friends at the Heartland barn for this incredible night of fun.
A few highlights from the past year…
• In lieu of our annual fundraiser, we adjusted to an online raffle chance drawing and raised $75,472 in 2021
• Thanks to generous donors, we completed a much-needed office update to welcome all who come through our doors
• We currently have 16 healthy and happy horses who provide over 2,500 rides a year
• Summer camps and riding sessions continued safely at full capacity
• Heartland Therapeutic Riding continues to maintain its impressive status as a Premiere Accredited
PATH International Center. We have worked very hard to achieve and maintain this honor.
• 44 years of consistent, prudent Board leadership and great markets lead to an impressive endowment.
I want to personally invite you to consider serving on our Board of Directors. We have spots available. If you have an interest in helping people physically and mentally through equine-assisted activities, we want you! Our future depends on a strong and involved Board.
With sincere gratitude,
a PATH Intl Premier Accredited Center
Heartland Therapeutic Riding, Inc.
19655 Antioch Road, Overland Park, Ks 66013
913-897-3939 Fax 913-730-5437 INFO@HTRKC.ORG
A non-profit 501(c)(3) organization 43-1115070